Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Randomness End of the 'P' plate postings

So it's going to be 4th May 2011 tmr and it will be exactly 1 yr since I've started work! Which is exciting and scary at the same time... I think the last 3 months flew by so quickly and I've had lots of fun working and learning with all my colleagues. Even the 8 months of eating crap food in the crap canteen in the far east seems so distant now that I'm going to the land of plenty and good food... And if anyone is wondering, I would truly and wholeheartly recommend doing a posting there cos it's a really friendly and nice place!


Somehow when I think of the new batch of juniors coming in I am reminded of Haruki Murakami's 'living desert': "Our world is exactly the same. Rain falls and the flowers bloom. No rain, they wither up. Bugs are eaten by lizards, lizards are eaten by birds. One generation dies, and the next takes over. That´s how it goes. Lots of different ways to live. And lots of different ways to die. But in the end that doesn´t make a bit of difference, All that remains is a desert."
Anyways, hope that everyone will have a great next posting, as great has eating truffle fries with freshly grated parmesan cheese (from PS cafe) with friends on a lazy drizzly Sunday morning especially if you don't have to work. I really like my photo - its even more cheerful than sunflowers especially since you can eat it and inhale that wonderful relaxing truffle aroma! No need for aromatherapy anymore...



And onto gardening next!
Well, to the people who have assess to Starbucks during working hours (i.e. ME!;D)
Happy Hour at StarbucksTo celebrate the launch, Starbucks will holding a week-long Happy Hour event. From 16th May (Monday) to 20th May 2011, 3pm to 5pm, customers can enjoy their personalized Frappuccino® at any Starbucks store for half price. Just got this in the mail today so I decided to share! :D

No comments: