Saturday, October 11, 2014

Journey to the Far East Part 3 - The Coastal Settlement


So if you thought that our food journey ended there, you were wrong! 
 Feeble attempt to try to use up some of the calories we consumed previously
And of course failed. Had this awesome chocolate lava cake on top of vanilla ice cream from Chocolate Origin - do give it a try - the chocolate is really good - even I, a non chocolate lover, find this dessert very irresistible.
 Was hot from cycling, so decided to cool off with some cider.
We went back and slept at about 11pm (would have been later but I was so sleepy cos it was past my bedtime). Kept yawning and then made everyone else sleepy by looking so comfortable lying in bed.
 And the next day, woke up bright and early, and went over to the Coastal Settlement for my second breakfast.
Truffle fries, portobello fries (really really nice!) with truffle mayonnaise. Best thing to clog my arteries on first thing in the morning.
The big breakfast, which was really very average, standard unremarkable cafe fare.
And the mind blowing XO prawn aglio olio pasta. Really good - umami taste from the xo sauce, lots of garlic and just enough chilli for spiciness which doesn't overpower the entire dish. The pasta was cooked just right. This dish is a winner. I might just trudge all the way back to the far east for this.
 The Coastal settlement has a really big seating area.
 It was empty when we first got in. But very quickly filled up, until there was no more space left.
I hate the small tiles in this area though - just something I'm uncomfortable with like how some people have trypophobia. I think I just don't like the idea of dirt getting caught or mould growing in between the tiles. But unfortunately for me, it was the area with the best sunlight (for photo taking purposes) and no one else at my table wanted to budge after sitting down.
Somehow the whole place reminds me of this scene from Howl's Moving Castle. Maybe cos there so many things cramped into such a small space.

Ok that's the end of my very lardy staycation.

The Coastal Settlement
200 Netheravon Road
Singapore 508529
Tel 64750200

No comments: