Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Saury at Itacho Sushi

 Itacho is having  a Saury promotion - the Saury (also known as sanma) which I haven't particularly paid any attention to till the promotion.

The roasted one wasn't incredibly tasty and I wasn't particularly impressed by it. It goes very well with the shredded daiokon, but I found it really cumbersome to eat cos of the many small bones.
However, the roasted saury is in a class of its own - I've been back twice just to eat it. It's fattier than the aji (mackerel) even though it looks quite similar at first glance. I love the charred taste from the roasting and the sashimi slices are nice and thick.
 The offer is really spectacular - I would totally go back just to eat the roll (roasted saucy with shredded cucumbers) or the sushi (on plain rice). It's garnished with a little blob of ginger, not that it's particularly fishy (I have great faith in Itacho Sushi's standards).
 Another of my favourite - the anago ($6) which was so super long that it was flopping over the side of the plate.

Itacho Sushi
Star Vista and other locations (Ion, Plaza Singapura, JCube, Bugis Junction etc)

No comments: