Sunday, September 14, 2008

Udders - Udderly exciting and Udderly good!

This was highly recommended by Julie - and of course, I took eons before I managed to crawl there. I tried the Kopi-C and the Chempadak (after sampling a whole myriad of flavours) because 2 scoops are cheaper (per scoop) than one, and also because I was greedy. (Yikes I can't rem how much each scoop costs, but nvm, within the next week I will know!)

Chempadak is actually one of my more favourite fruits, and so far, this is the best chempadak ice cream I've tasted. For that delicious wholesome chempadak taste and smell, they use 100% real chempadak. No more sorry pale-looking-faint-smelling chempadak ice cream for me! The highly aromatic chempadak smell hits you the minute you put it into your mouth, and the taste just fills your whole mouth. Extremely yummy!

Other flavours I tried were the Pistachio, Armaretto, baileys, the famed Mao Shan Wang and D24. The Mao Shan Wang is really potent - and tastes thousand times better than the D24. If you want to get durian ice cream, just go for the best - it's not worth wasting your cash and calories on D24 since the Mao Shan Wang is so much better! Actually, I don't like eating durian ice cream outside cos I'll have horrible durian breath the rest of the day. But I do like the taste of durians.

Their alcoholic ice creams are highly potent - one mouthful feels like a drinking a shot - you can feel the alcohol going up your nose. I think the alcoholic ones are $5 something per scoop. Bet Audrey will become a lobster after half a scoop! :P I'll be scared to drive after eating 2 scoops!

Just to see how generous they are with the scoops - tt's a HTC touch diamond there (not mine - No more HTC for me the camera sucks!!!) Ok so I'm not great at taking photos the ice cream doesn't look that humongous but the scoops are really generous - after eating the 2 scoops, I was super stuffed. And I can eat lots of ice cream.

I was pleasantly suprised to be served water (and one for my friend who didn't eat the ice cream) by the waitress. Most ice cream stalls don't even serve water. Great way of making me eat more ice cream! :D

My next posting will be in Novena - Udders here I come!!!! (Note to CG, who will inevitably be dragged along, don't be lazy it's really worth the crawl there!)

U.D.D.E.R.S
155 Thomson Road
Goldhill Shopping Centre
Tel: 6254 6629

7 comments:

ceadsearc said...

hey mich;
this is shawn jeremy's friend;
just thought you might like to try Tom's Palette at Shaw Leisure Gallery at Beach Road (of course you would have heard of this before) because it serves really wonderful ice cream coupled with excellent friendly hospitable service. The chocolate, salted caramel cheesecake and other flavours are to die for!

Alicia said...

Is it just me? But I hate the ice-creams at udders.I had some variation of chocolate mint flavour while my fiance had the mao shan wang and cookies and cream.

We went there at night. The place was warm and we couldn't really enjoy the ice-creams since it melted way too fast. Durian ice-cream was the worst I've tried and haagen dasz makes a better cookies and cream.

Thank goodness daily scoop redeemed my faith in durian ice-cream when I visited it a few days later after the udderly horrid night. Perhaps I went at a wrong time but we did try 3 flavours and it was bad.

m said...

ceadsearc: Yup Ice and my brother have been raving about it but I hate gg to tt area plus there's F1 now so I'm avoiding it like plague :P I would def want to try it soon :)
alicia: sorry ur udders experience was so bad. I like the alcoholic flavours like the Cherry and Rum& Raisin and Armaratto Black. But didn't feel like eating alcoholic that day. I did go back to get myself a scoop of Armaretto and enjoyed it. Perhaps you'd prefer Tom's Palatte (though I haven't been there myself)

deslucent said...

i recommended udders! passed you their card!

Anonymous said...

i love udders and toms palette too but toms is abit hard to go to cos by the time i end work theyre closed and they close sundays too..udders is open till late so yay!!!

m said...

deslucent: I heard abt them from Julie first, then you later so i write whoever tell me first :P

nadbe11e: I find tom's v inaccessile - it's very out of the way (for me at least) and the 2 times I went there wanting to try it, it rained so heavily I couldn't walk oever and the other time I was too full. Oh wells, hope I get to try it soon :)

Anonymous said...

Eh! Udders ice cream having 1 for 1 scoop! Check out flavor.sg for details.