Saturday, November 2, 2013

La Ristrettos


I've been back to La Ristrettos twice since my first visit in January this year, even though it's really nearby the whole idea of communal seating bugs me (I don't want to hear other people's conversations and I don't want them to listen to mine). Plus I'm not a coffee-drinker, so other than the food and hot chocolate, there's no additional draw for me.
They were having a special crab cake dish the last time I visited. Nicely poached egg, on top of half an avocado, crab cake, wilted spinach and rosti. Very daintily assembled. The crab cake was nice and crispy, with lots of tender crab meat and spices inside.  It's reasonably priced at $14. No hidden GST or service charge. I hope they put it in their menu permanently. It's a perfect mid-afternoon tea/snack (but I do know people who will be extremely full after this - it's a matter of perspective).

The panini cotoletta ($11) is the other dish I've tried - it's a generous serving of breaded deep fried chicken, avocado, cheese and a side salad. Very satisfying and perfect for brunch.

Plus, since it's hidden in the recesses of Novena Medical centre, there's much less human traffic after the breakfast and lunch peak hours, and if you go there in the late afternoon, it's nice and quiet, and the scenery is really calming and peaceful - nice bamboo garden with water channels.

La Ristrettos
10 Sinaran Drive #08-37 Singapore 307506
Novena Medical Centre
Tel 63977165

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

have been hearing so many good things about this cafe. should pay a visit soon. thanks!