Saturday, February 21, 2015

Project Acai


There's so many supposedly super foods out there to spend your money on. I'm not a believer in all these super foods (seriously all you need is a balanced diet) but I do like the taste of Project Acai's bowls. I think it makes a perfect dessert on a hot day. 
They've very recently opened in Holland Village and at the moment they're only serving acai bowls.
The base of the dessert is frozen acai pulp from Sambazon (this is a brand) which looks a bit like red bean paste but totally does not taste like it. It's partially frozen so the texture is like a sorbet. It doesn't really have very much of a taste but I would say it tastes berry-like with a mild coco taste. 
It's topped with a variety of fresh fruits - strawberries, grapes, kiwi, mango, dragon fruit, pineapple, blueberries, bananas and other goodies such as chia seeds, grated coconut, golgi berries, bee pollen, cacao nibs and crunchy granola. (I can imagine the horror on wkr's face already)

Btw, caco nibs is a purer form of chocolate - in fact, it's the roasted cacao bean itself, with minimal processing and no milk added so it's suitable for vegans. 

Fish is incredibly happy that I have found another dessert to eat instead of Llao Llao... But since I can get Llao Llao so easily near my workplace and since I have eaten it multiple times, the novelty has worn off...  

 Currently their bowls come in 3 sizes, with large costing $13.90 - which is what we got since we were sharing. I think I'll probably get the medium sized one ($8 something) if I'm by myself.

Project Acai 
Holland Village
27 Lorong Liput
Singapore 277738
http://www.project-acai.com

No comments: