Monday, June 23, 2008

Lawry's The Prime Rib

Hello everyone! Pardon the lack of updates -I'm back - so many things to do so little time and before I know it my 3 wks of holiday is gone and I have to wake up so super early and go to school again. Sigh!

This is a super back logged post from early June... DBS was having a 1for1 set lunch offer (or not I'll never even touch this place).
Bread Basket
Lawry's famed spinning iced bowl salad. It comes with every main course - a crisp tasty salad with beetroot, egg, croutons, cherry tomato dressed in Lawry's Vintage Dressing. Other than the taste, the second best thing about the salad is the performance. A huge metal bowl sitting in ice is wheeled to your table - and the salad ingredients are added. The bowl is then spun and the dressing is added dramatically (think teh tarik style).
Oven Baked Tenderloin- $52.80
Crispy Braised Lamb shank - it's braised, breaded and fried, but sadly, the braising breading and frying didn't make it taste any better. This was my main course but I didn't really enjoy it. I didn't like the breaded crust because it was very hard and pokey and kept poking my mouth. The flavour of the lamb wasn't really there either - just tasted quite bland and oily. It costs a whopping $46.80++ I've eaten better lamb shank for <$20 (Cafe Oliv and Secret Recipe). Side dish - creamed spinach ($6.50++)
It's very rich and has lots of bacon bits inside.

My bill came to $74.90 - ok for Lawry's but there are many other places where I can get better lunch for the same price.

My conclusion is that unless you have a fetish for young and old women in maid uniforms with crisply starched aprons and perfectly tied ribbons, or you like paying alot for your food and don't mind it being below average, Lawry's is perfect for you.




Lawry's The Prime Rib
#02-42/44 Paragon
290 Orchard Road
Singapore 238859
Tel 68363333

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hahahah! i wanted to go lawry that time because citi was having a one for one promotion also. but end up nv go. lol!