Saturday, June 28, 2008

Zhou's Kitchen

Sigh is when I am in sgh - fish

I'm so busy :( Sch just started and I can't wait for it to end! Argh! And my blog is dying cos I haven't even got the time to go online! Now I know why people become IT dinosaurs - it's cos they dun have the time to do anything and on weekends they just collapse and hibernate at home.

Ok so super long ago, when I just came back from my hol (it's actually 1 wk ago but it feels like eons :/) I went to eat lunch at Zhou's Kitchen. It's located at this buliding infront of Anchor Point, where Paddyfields previously was and it's run by Tung Lok Group. I must say that Tung Lok Grout restaurants have quite a good food standard - but of course they're all Chinese food.

Pork Trotters and Jellyfish Cold Dish
Spinach Tofu with Mushrooms - used to be very rare but then now lots of restaurants serve this. It's quite a big portion and there are lots of mushrooms and veggies. Of course, it's all covered in sauce... the reason why I don't really like chinese food - cos all the taste comes from slathering food with sauce and not really tasting the food itself.
Egg white with Scallops - it reminds me of this very delicious scrambled egg white with scallops and white truffle oil from Jade Palace Restaurant (which I shall blog about later) but of course, there's not white truffle oil.
Pan Fried Chive Dumpling - they were having a promotion - $4.90++ for 10 pieces (but I dunno the original price I thnk it's $8.90?).
Duck Eefu Noodles - I like eefu noodles somehow it's quite hard to find it outside restaurants...
Zhou's Kitchen Speciality Noodles - I can't remember much - it's not too bad but not very memorable. Good if you don't want a lighter soupier meal. The soup is pretty tasty but by the time I ate it the noodles were a bit soggy. The nuts gave it an interesting crunch and it's not often you see nuts in soupy noodles.
Mango Pomelo Sago - it's not very nice not the creamy kind which I like and the mangos are quite sour and the soup is too sweet.
Interesting decor outsideOverall, the dining experience was enjoyable - good service, good food (passable cos it's chinese food), good ambience and it's another place that I will go to instead of Crystal Jade all the time. Best of all, the pricings are resaonable. I can't remember the exact pricing for the dishes, but then it was about $70 for 3 people.
Zhou's Kitchen
The Copperdome
Anchorpoint
368 Alexandra Road
Singapore 159952
Tel: 6473-1123

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

u all ordered a la carte or their set menus?