Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Drips Bakery Cafe

 I can't believe that I hardly ventured out when I was posted near Tiong Baru (maybe cos I was so tired everyday) - I've just discovered Drips (which I've walked past a few times) which is a very nice quiet cafe (compared to Tiong Baru Bakery which is packed to the brim and extremely noisy) - perfect place to chill on a weekend. I've been sleeping super early (just like an old person - by 9pm my eyelids feel extremely heavy and by 10pm I'm lying in bed) so I've now become an old person and I wake up extremely early even on weekends and holidays.
Their sandwiches come with 2 different types of breads - either their home-baked bread of the day (which was cranberry multigrain loaf) or croissant. The sandwich costs about $15 dollars but it's a really large towering sandwich stuffed full of roasted veggies (think eggplant, peppers, zucchinis) and a generous helping of fresh dou-miao.
  
 There were 2 fillings available that day - either corned beef or smoked salmon - and since I don't eat beef I had the smoked salmon which was probably healthier ;) It also comes with a grilled tomato and japanese cucumbers - even the japanese cucumbers on the side is lightly dressed.
 Corned beef sandwich - they have mayo and whole grain mustard so the sandwich is nice and tasty, and not too dry. Best of all - it's really filling and I felt really satisfied for the rest of the afternoon. (Even though I was greedy and ate nachos while watching Perks of being a wallflower - my opinion on that show is to watch it on dvd or something - no special effects so not worth watching on the big screen). 
They have these awesome fresh fruit tarts with a solid shortcrust pastry base and fresh custard. The tarts are about $8 but if you think of the amount of fresh fruits and berries used in each tart - it's really worth it. They're really light and refreshing and I ate the whole thing (before the sandwich). 

The tart in the background is a banana and chocolate tart - lots and lots of fresh banana in there - but I found the chocolate a bit too heavy and rich for my liking (it wasn't too sweet, just too chocolatey) but then again I'm not a big chocolate fan. 

The tarts can also be bought at Fredo Galaxy at Commonwealth Drive (closed on Tuesdays) but I haven't been there before... 

Drips Bakery Cafe
82 Tiong Poh Road
#01-05
Tel 62220400

No comments: