Sunday, April 12, 2009

Jone's the Grocer - Passionfruit & Lemongrass Cordial

I have a great weakness for lemongrass - if I see lemongrass in anything, I'll be compelled to buy it. My latest lemongrass related food item is from Jone's the Grocer - a 750ml bottle costs a whopping $22.50.

The lemongrass taste isn't that distinct, and its more of an aftertaste cos the passion fruit is very strong. Since I've gotten home, I've already had 3 glasses of this refreshing concoction. It tastes brilliant with sparkilng water, just like those italian sodas (I'm currently using up my stash of sparkling water leftover from Christmas). It was so rainy today, but I'm positive that it'll taste even better on a swelteringly hot day.

Anyway, I think Jones is way overpriced! They're selling palm sugar (aka gula melaka) for freaking $8.90 per piece! When you can get it at a fraction of the price from NTUC. Ohwell, I suppose it's pretty hard to procure palm sugar if you're overseas?

Jones the Grocer
Dempsey Hill Block 9
#01–12 Dempsey Road
Singapore 247697
Tel: +(65) 6476 1512
Fax: +(65) 6476 1518
dempseyhill@jonesthegrocer.com

No comments: