Thursday, January 17, 2013

Nanbantei Lunch

Revisited Nanbantei after going to Kazu. The Nanbantei set lunch is still a very affordable sub $20 set lunch. It hasn't changed since I first discovered it in 2008 - the picture looks exactly the same! Comes with miso soup and a small red bean mochi dessert and free flow of tea.

For the unintiated, there's 5 sticks - usually it's a standard quail egg, chicken meatball, chicken with leek, pork belly and shisho leaf and pork belly and asparagus. They're pretty obliging and will substitute the pork with a chicken alternative if you ask. The rice comes with marinated minced chicken, sweet mushrooms and seaweed,and hidden under the quails eggs are some vegetable sticks and sauce for dipping (I don't like the sauce so I never use it).
The Japanese sweet corn - which I thought tasted better the last time I went  and chicken heart (at the side). I think perhaps I should just stick to the main Obento lunch set.
Dinner here is pretty ex - around Kazu's prices - I'd strongly suggest to have the set lunch - much more affordable...

Nanbantei Japanese Restaurant
14 Scotts Road
#05-132 Far East Plaza
Tel: 6733 5666

No comments: