Tuesday, October 7, 2008

First Thai - First the WORST!

Went to First Thai in between lectures today - with the intention of having some good thai food.
The six of us got there around 11.50am, and we were the first customers there. We were shown to a table wedged in a corner, underneath the staircase, even though the rest of the restaurant was empty. This table wasn't even under a fan. And it was so cramped that the waitress had to literally pull the table out so that the last person could sit against the wall.

My friends were looking at the menu (on the table closest to the door) and decided that they did not want to eat here (we didn't even sit down yet, the waitress was showing 2 of us to the the table while the other 4 were looking at the menu since they don't display it outside).
My friends weren't keen to try it, plus they didn't want to let us sit elsewhere even though I requested for them to give us another table.

I then returned about 3 min later wanting to takeaway some food, and when I went in, I was chased away by the woman.

She said that I was not allowed to order because I had 'hurt her feelings' by being the first customer and not getting anything.

If i'm your first customer, and I come back, I am still the first customer - excuse me can you count? She's in fact chasing away her first customer twice!

I respect people's superstitions, but then they didn't even make the effort to tell us. If they had said that we are their first customers and it's bad luck, we would have definitely stayed. What I cannot stand is that they didn't even bother to tell us.

In Thailand, if you're their first customer, they will inform you and ask you to please get something, but here, they're can't even get off their asses to tell us.

Seriously, I'll give this place a miss - the service is shites and from the Land of Smiles, they are definitely coming from the rectum. Golden Mile has authentic thai food for half the price.

I feel like going back there tomorrow and walking in and out and being her "first customer"D:<

If all hospitals could do it to unreasonable patients, life would be darn good!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow...that's really rude of them.

julie said...

then must strike it off your wish list!

m said...

foodies queen: Hello! I've linked you :)

kyn: Yup thanks for reminding me. Maybe I should do a black list column :P when I gather enough... (hopefully not :/)

Fen said...

I would blacklist. That is plain rude...