Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Yoguru

Soft serve ice cream yoghurts are my favourite form of dessert, especially if it comes as a soft serve. I like my yoghurts to have the sourish yoghurty taste, not like those extremely creamy kind, which tastes like normal ice cream. I've been eating Yami yoghurt since ever I can remember, and when I'm at Great World City, I try to drop by to get a Why Yoghurt fruit packed yoghurt cone. I also like the intense yoghurty taste at Frolick, but their prices are really steep (plus they didn't give me my badge!D:<). I'm so happy to find that Yoguru has opened a new branch at Raffles City, which is way more accessible (for me) than their Kallang branch. Actually, my favourite (and expensive) Vietnamese Baguette store, Saigon Baguette used to be located at the same shop space, and I was very upset when it closed down. At least it hasn't gone to waste, since Yoguru has now replaced it. Yoguru's yoghurt comes in 2 flavours, Original and YoguBliss, which is a mix of dragon fruit and pomegranate. It's supposed to be full of antioxidants (antiaging :D) but I'm not that much of a health freak to be really concerned by the additional health benefits - just as long as it tastes nice it works for me. Since I couldn't decide which flavour I would like to try, they have a mixed one, and they charge an in-between price of $4.10 (original costs $3.80 and YoguBliss is $4.30 for a regular cup). Actually, I had the large cup (shared between 2 people). I was very happy to see such a large cup (it is really big) but after digging into it, I was very dissappointed to find that the hole under the swirls of ice cream was even larger than I expected.

Tastewise, it's not as yoghurty as I would have liked it, means that it's more creamy and lacks that tartness that I look forward to when I eat yoghurt. But I do like that they have the interesting flavour of dragonfruit and pomegranate, which no other yoghurt outltet has. Even though I still prefer Yami Yoghurt's and Frolicks sour yoghurt, I'll definitely drop by Yoguru if I'm at Raffles City (will be avoiding it like plague cos of F1).

Yoguru
Raffles City Mall
Unit #B1-55 (opp Cedele/ Next to Mrs Fields)

5 Stadium Walk, Unit 01-10A
Kallang Leisure Park
Tel 63448860
http://www.yoguru.com.sg/

No comments: