Friday, February 8, 2008

Chocolate Ganache Tart

After paying so much for the Chocolate Factory's Chocolate Tart, and having such horrible service on 2 different occasions (the latest which I have not blogged about but basically they weren't intersted in letting me pay my bill and let other people cut my que), I've decided NOT to patronise them anymore! Instead, I have learnt how to make my own chocolate tart - to save my $6 plus per piece and to not receive anymore lousy service.
My inspiration is from Cafe Fernando, which has many dessert recipes and very beautiful photos. Furthermore, the recipes are pretty simple. Ganache is actually very simple to do - just melt 200g dark chocolate/semi sweet chocolate with 1 cup of thickened cream.


The decorations are dried cranberries and pistachios which are sold in a pre-mixed pack from cold storage, which costs $3.85 for 100g.

I hope it tastes nice! *cross fingers*

Ahhh it tastes quite nice! I took a pinch from the side already!!! But it's quite heavy I think... Nvm hope there's more left so i can bring it home to eat :D

No comments: