Sunday, April 29, 2007

Island Cafe - Vivocity

I've been to Vivocity quite a few times now, and it's really full of restaurants, cafes etc. I want to try so many places including that cafe that sells Eu Yuan Seng chocolates (chocolates with red dates, green tea, wolfberries etc etc) and that dianxin place called Hei Se Hui.

I was at Vivocity with the main intention of shopping cos I was going to have a buffet dinner with my relatives, but then I was in Tangs when I chanced upon the Island Cafe. (So much for fasting before a buffet).
Initially, I thought it was some display set for the cooking ware, but then there were people inside.

Its actually quite a small cafe, located at the Island Shop section in Tangs. It serves fusion food (which I'm not usually keen for, but then I don't mind trying new stuff) and there is a promotion for Secataries week. However, we couldn't try the promotion cos we went at about 3pm.We tried the Island Soup ($6), which is actually Crab Bisque with coconut milk and lemongrass. It came served with 2 crispy and warm pieces of you tiao. I actually ordered it because I like the smell and taste of lemongrass (like the Bodyshop Lemongrass foot lotion - smells really good :D). The soup was good - a nice strong lemongrass taste and with just enough crab meat and I think a tomato base.

Next came the Spaghetti with Pomelo and Smoked Salmon, in Pink Sauce (Tomato and Cream sauce). Its a generous portion, and tastes quite good overall, even though I would have liked the sauce a bit thicker. Next, we ate the Seafood Avocado Pizza, which comes with prawns and crab meat. ($13)

The prawns were fresh and juicy, but the major letdown was that there was no avocado, which I was looking forward to. I had ordered the dish for the avocado. When I asked the waiter if it was because the cook accidentally left out the avocado, I was told that they did not have avocado.
Anyway, if you don't think about the avocado, the pizza is not bad - the tomato sauce is chunky and not too salty, and the cheese is nicely melted. Island Cafe is inside Tangs, near the Island Shop (Ladies Department)

Sidenote: My sis's friends are hilarious - there was once their bus passed Novena Square and the new wing Velocity. Then her friend said: "Veeelo-city is such a rip-off copycat of Vivocity"
-_-"

No comments: