Sunday, August 19, 2007

Au Petit Salut Bristro

Went to Au Petit Salut to try the new cheaper bristro style dining. It's pretty much the same as before, just that there isn't tablecloths and the waiters and waitresses wear polo tees. And the tables don't have one million things that you won't use ie wine glasses etc etc etc

the menu is quite similar - with the set lunch ($22++, slightly less than $26 with taxes) comprising of an entree, main and dessert. The variety wasn't compromised either, just that the mains were of cheaper cuts of meats (ie no more beef cheek).
The bread was really good - and they were very quick to ask if we wanted more bread.
The escargots were brilliant, as before, and the garlic sauce is lovely with the fresh bread (tt's why we asked for more bread).
I tried this new appetiser on the menu, which is beetroot salad with goats cheese and garlic croutons. I quite like beetroot and goats cheese.
This is the salmon with garlic mashed potatoes. The salmon is cooked to your liking (just like steak), with the option of rare, medium or well done. I suppose it's good since I like my salmon a bit raw-ish in the middle.
My all time favourite dish, lamb with some creamy thing I can't remember what it's called - but it's nice and starts with a P (i think)
The creme brulee was slightly different from what I remembered it to be, not as good, but I have no idea why. I suppose maybe I thought it was really fantastic last time, but it isn't now? Or maybe last time it was 'creme brulee infused with vanilla beans' and now it's just plain creme brulee...


BISTRO PETIT SALUT
Blk 44 Jalan Merah Saga,
#01-54.
Tel: 6474-9788.
Closed on Sundays

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

babe, the P thing is called polenta =) ~huilin