Sunday, September 30, 2007

deToast - Queensway Shopping Centre



Was walking about in queensway when I noticed this new stall on the 2nd storey (which I hardly even venture to) which had this news paper clipping. It's this place called detoast and there's another branch at Bugis (but I have no idea where).



For $6.80, you can get a garlic toast, any pizza toast (vegeterian, hawaiian or meat lovers - and there's no beef at all), a soup of the day and a scoop of ice cream. I actually imagined the toast to be loaded with lots of ingredients and be super big but it fell short of my high expectations (maybe cos i read the newspaper rave review and had super high standards).



Their speciality toast is actually kaya, but I didn't try that.
The soup is instant soup i think, but it's very frothy and not to salty - but nothing to shout about.
The toast is thick and fluffy, but for $2, I would say it's pretty steep.



The pizza toast was slathered in a tangy tomato sauce, and it costs $3.50 by itself.

They also have other unique toasts, such as toast with pasta on top, ice cream toast as well as cinnamon and sugar toast.



It's at Queensway shopping centre 2nd level.

No comments: