Thursday, May 22, 2008

Pump Room 2

The desserts at Pump room are probably the most worth-it items on the menu. Actually, it's probably one of their best things on the menu. I've tried 2 so far - the Honey Yoghurt Panna Cotta and the Sticky Date Pudding.I don't have the pict of the sticky date pudding, but the last time I tried it, it was good enough to rival Marmalade Pantry's. (Marmalade Pantry is somehow always my gold standard when it comes to comparing sticky date pudding).
My fave dessert there is the Honey Yoghurt Panna Cotta, which comes decorated with lots of berries (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries) and garnished with a mint leaf and a sprinkling of icing sugar. The panna cotta is extremely creamy, with the slightly sourish yoghurt taste, and a honey aftertaste. The bottom is filled with some berry puree. The texture of the panna cotta is pretty firm, more like a firm custard than a jelly. For $10++, I thought that the serving was really generous and big. This is an extremely satisfying dessert and I'm sure to come back for more. Pity I can't say the same for their main courses.Spicy Squid Rings ($12, found on their drinks menu, not the main menu) I quite like this finger food cos the squid is soft and chewy, the batter is light and crispy, and best of all they're very generous with their chilli powder and black pepper and whatever other marinade they use for it. It goes very well with the thousand island (?) sauce.
Sadly, the genre of music that night was terrible - it must have been some oldies night - cos I've never heard 9 out of 10 of the songs:( Super sad. The music did get a bit better in the second set, but haiz the songs were still a bit too old...

The Pump Room
3B River Valley Road
#01-09/10 The Foundry
Clarke Quay
Tel: 6334 2628

No comments: