Thursday, January 29, 2009

Fancy Delight Egg Tarts

This is a cny post, but it's very outdated cos I've just finished my family tradition of bi4nian2-ing. I found these egg tarts at a booth at Taka basement, and I couldn't pass up the chance to try a bamboo charcoal egg tart. The bamboo charcoal is in the egg tart shell, and it gives it the black colouring. It's supposed to be an antioxidant of some sorts. Actually, charcoal is used as part of the treatment in diarrhoea so Im pretty sure it's safe to eat. The antioxidant part sounds a bit woolly.
Other flavours that I tried - Kaya, Green Tea, Cheese, Chicken and Mushroom and Banana. It costs $1.40 per egg tart, but 6 pieces costs $8. They have other flavours such as strawberry, melting chocolate, orange chocolate, kiwi, blueberry etc etc etc. The egg part isn't that soft, but it's quite eggy and I suppose that egg tarts don't usually come in such a huge array of flavours. Though I'll not go out of my way to get them, I think I won't mind eating them if I'm passing by their stalls and I'm not too full.

Fancy Delight recieves plus points for their very helpful staff - I had lots of trouble choosing flavours, and they were very patient and suggested their more popular flavours for me to try.Im not sure if they still have all the food stalls at the Taka basement, but they have permanent stalls,
Fancy Delight
1 Tanjong Pagar Plaza
#01-04
Singapore 082001

IMM
Jurong East St. 21
IMM Building
#01-K05

Suntec
3 Temasek Boulevard
Suntec City Mall (Tower 3)
#01-140F (near Carrefour)

Tanjong Pagar
Blk 1 Tanjong Pagar Plaza
#01-04

No comments: