Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Wooloomooloo Set Lunch


 Delicious rosemary bread - served warm with whipped butter.
 Started of crab meat salad - very lightly seasoned so that the sweetness of the crab comes through
Cod
 My default main was cod since I don't eat the beef. The cod was fresh, sauce a bit too salty for my liking. I prefer my fish to be dry, cos the sauce just reminds me of Chinese style steamed fish.
Australian Filet Migon 
Everyone else ate the beef, which looked and smelt really good. I think that for the price, the portion is really generous and the general consensus was that the beef was very yummy, doneness perfect. I snitched a bit of the mashed potatoes - very rich and creamy - definitely has lots of butter. 
 Dessert was chocolate cake and raspberry sorbet - a nice sweet ending to the meal
The set lunch has 3 different mains - with the beef costing $42, which is pretty reasonable for the cut and size you're getting. Don't come here if you don't eat beef - it just defeats the purpose. But if you do, keep this place on your radar for lunch.

Wooloomooloo Steakhouse
Level 3 Swissotel The Stamford
2 Stamford Road
Tel 63380261
Sleepy afternoons 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks for sharing. the set lunch does look decent - think i'll drop by!