Friday, December 19, 2008

Wasabi Tei - Not Fresh!

I went to Wasabi Tei for lunch on Saturday (after a horrendous exam) and since it was a Saturday, being kiasu Singaporeans, we decided to start queueing at 1130am, since the place opens at noon. Our logic was that since for normal days we had to que at 1145, on weekends, we have to que earlier to beat the crowds! Lucky we decided to que early, cos there was so many big groups right after us. Being boring, I ordered the Chirashi Don ($20) but it was very saddenning cos the uni (seaurchin) was very ufresh (and looked like diarrhoea), and the maguro (tuna) and salmon wasn't fresh either. Bah! No wonder why the place has such mixed reviews. I consider myself lucky for having fresh fish on the previous two occasions I patronized this place. Of course, there's a huge amount of sashimi, but it wasn't fresh so it's not worth eating.
Plus, their prices have increased. Can see all the little stickers that they pasted over. Salmon teriyaki costs $10, up from $8. Still ok I guess - but I don't think I'll bother to que for so long. I think my time's more precious than the few bucks I'm saving.
The chef cut his hair! He looks less virulent now, and more deserving of the A they received for restaurant hygeine :P
Wasabi tei
14 Scotts Road
#05-70 Far East Plaza
Tel: 62388216
Opening Hours:
Mon-Fri: 12noon - 3pm, 5.30pm - 9.30pm
Sat: 12noon - 9.30pmClosed on Sundays and Public Holidays

2 comments:

red fir said...

It's called complacency. Sashimi being unfresh is totally unforgiveable, especially since it's only Saturday!

m said...

Ya I was super dissappointed. No wonder why all those mixed reviews. Nvm it's more reason to stop going there and try new places!