Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Tatsuya - Winter Special

Sorry I've been MIA-ing again - had the yuckies exam ever! Hope I pass (crossing all my fingers toes arms legs and eyes)!I went back to Tatsuya again (and I must say that a very interesting thing indeed happened while I was going to park). I enjoy eating all the seasonal dishes (sounds so Japan hour!). Previously when I went to Tatsuya, it was autumn so there was special green ginko nuts, chrysenthemum flower and mushroom tempura, now it's winter so there's oysters (and lots of maguro (tuna))! Since we couldn't afford (and didn't want to spend on) the $38 fresh oyster (for one piece only!), we decided to have the simmered oyster with Japanese yam ($15++).
It's a plump very fresh oyster and a pretty big piece of yam simmered in a not so salty stock, and it's topped with lots of grated radish. The yam is very tasty, not mushy or sticky and cos it's soaked in the oyster gravy, it's really sweet and nice.
I shall just write about my very drama parking experience on Friday with this black nissan sunny driven by a middle aged woman (alr around 40 yrs old also wanna play childish games - nvm v fun I also like to play :P) I never knew that someone else in a 1.6L car could zoom up the Taka slope as fast as me! or even faster! (since I don't drive slowly up carpark slopes either) and it's 5 storeys somemore! omg!
Anyway, what happened was that I got stuck behind a lorry because there was a long jam behind the loading/unloading bay at taka. I wanted to turn left cos we were both rushing for time so I decided to park at taka (my 2nd time parking at taka). So I got stuck behind this lorry and this stupid blacknissansunny horned me so loudly and so many times! cos she stupidly got stuck behind me too! Seriously, whats the use of horning if i can't do shit about it? I'm stuck too lor! Such a lousy driver get stuck behind me also! bah!
Anyway, we both went into the taka porch, but I took the 2nd entrance (cos I wanted to beat the taxi que), but somehow, I ended up being at the same place as the blacknissansunny. She was damn mean and wanted to squeeze me out of the que, AND she BANGED THE E Class Merce infront while inching forwards!!!!!!!! (there is karma man!) Cos she was being nasty and wanting to squeeze me out! Damn funny! If only I had whipped out my camera in time! The look of horror on her face was priceless - totally worth my getting horned!!
But the merce didn't realize it, and so it happily went along and went up the taka carpark. If i were the black nissan sunny, I'll definitely run away, either turn out or go into the basement carpark, but she's so dumb she actually went up too! So I decided to follow them cos I wanted to go and purposely tell the merce driver that she banged him!
And so I was zooming up after her, and she went to L6 when the Merce went to L5. Damn funny! Can you imagine the suspense - not knowing if the merce reported her to the police!! I'll definitely sprout at least 20 strands of white hair worrying if I banged a car and ran away!
The most incredible part - the merce driver didn't even want to report her! WHY!!! Bet he does some underground business o_O
Of course, this adrenaline pumping incident whet our appetites for a delicious Tatsuya lunch. Yums!
Tatsuya
270 Orchard Road
Park Hotel Orchard
Level 1 Lobby
#01-05
Singapore 238857
Tel 67371160

No comments: