Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Casa Verde Pizzas

I haven't been able to run off and try new food - the sadness of being rostered for active on saturday and passive sunday, burnt off 2 weekends in a row! And when I finally get home, I want to vegetate and not move till the next day. Lucky for me that my brother got Takeaway pizza from Casa Verde in Botanic Gardens, or my blog will be sadly dying. Pizza Parma Ham and Rocket Salad ($24)
Lots of thinly shaved parma ham, parmesan cheese. They're rather sparing on the use of mozzarella cheese, which makes this pizza taste different. It's also infused with olive oil, and has a nice herb taste.
The Sfilatino Case Verde ($24++) with mozzarella, ham, mushrooms ala Springroll style. It comes with a refreshingly tasty tomato salsa dip. The rolls are exploding with cheese and mushrooms, and since I was being impatient and eating it from the box, the cheese and mushrooms fell out of my pizza roll. I think it tastes pretty nice even without the tomato salsa.
The best thing about it? Pizza takeaway is one for one from Mondays to Thursdays, 11am to 930pm. I think it'll be nice to sit around Botanic Gardens (haven't been there for >12 yrs!) eating pizza, but then again, there'll be swarms of houseflies, ants and mosquitoes sharing dinner with you, so I think it's better to eat in air con comfort at home!

No comments: