Tuesday, January 8, 2008

doc green's - Vivocity

i've been going to vivo for 3 days in a row. But luckily there's so many restaurants I still haven't tried all of them (Like go india! and the expensive stuff like aji and honjin)
Had dinner with my family at doc Green's which is from America.
This is the Breadbowl soup ($6.90++) and you can choose your type of soup including clam chowder, pumpkin, tomato and soup of the day. The hollowed out bread isn't wasted either - it's toasted and perfect for dipping into the thick tasty soup. I tried pumpkin, which wasn't too creamy, but I prefer the clam chowder. It's quite filling if you eat up all the bread. The clam chowder has the sweet taste of clams and very chunky cos it's packed full of diced vegetables. I think it tastes much better than the Soup Spoon's one, which is too salty.I tried the buffalo chicken salad ($10.90++) which was pretty ex. Though the chicken portions are much bigger than the beef (see below). It comes on a bed of iceberg lettuce, and it's dressed in a tangy dressing which looks like thousand island but isn't. The chicken is waaaaay too salty - it's so salty I didn't even want to finish it. Hope that they revise the marinade cos it really just tastes of salt only. This is the beef salad, I can't remember what it's called but they're really stingy on the beef. Look at the few skimpy strips at the side - that's all you get for paying slightly over 10 bucks. But I liked the chick peas :D Makes the salad very interesting.


This is the Italian Leg of chicken and Back Ribs ($18++) It's quite small for 18. I suggest that you just go for the pure back ribs, which are cheaper at $16. The ribs are really good - chunky and juicy, and not so soggys but not dry either. The chicken leg is quite big, and tastes alright - I mean chicken thigh can't really go wrong cos it'll hardly ever be dry...
That's the Doc Frutti salad which comes with baby spinaches, tomatoes, almonds, cranberries, some nuts and orange segments.
Add $3 to make the mains a set -which includes soup, coffee/tea/softdrink. Their iced tea comes unsugared (probably not from that bottle of lipton iced tea syrup) which is good cos I don't like my drinks too sweet :DService here is average, they were a bit short-handed on the weekend I went. But the waitress could recommend me stuff from the menu. This place gives free iced water too - a definate plus.

The table next to us were having sandwiches, which look really good - I shall try them the next time I drop by, if I don't feel like having the breadbowl clam chowder.

Doc Green's Gourmet Salads & Grill (Vivo City)
#02-91/92, Vivo CityS(098585)
Tel6820 1860
Opening Hours
Mon-Sun: 11.30am – 10pm

No comments: