Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Coffee Club (Taka)

Resting my legs - plus dinner
Strawberry Smoothie - delicious yoghurty goodness, despite being strawberry syrup. I've recently found out that Kopitiam Kent Ridge does a pretty good version of it for $2.80, even if it's only strawberry puree. They do it with real yoghurt, not those fake syrupy ones (that some bubble tea places use). Looks like I'll be trudging over to get my yoghurt fix :)
The BIG Chicken Sandwich, which was pretty good for $10.80, really exceeded my expectations, with a thick tender chicken patty (deep fried so it's very tasty :P), tasty cheese, juicy red tomatoes on a toasted grain-ey bread.
This was some Mushroom and Ricotta Crepe - my advice - don't go anywhere near it. For $9.80++ it was a disaster :/ Very salty, not much taste and urgh I really regretted ordering this. Plus, it's miniscule.
Chocolate Mousse dessert - pretty good just that the Mousse was frozen in the middle (urgh!) but tasted really chocolatey (a bit too chocolatey for me but I suppose chocolate lovers will like it). Can't remember the price I think it's around $10 thereabouts. They've changed the menu since the last time I visited, and upped their prices, but the chicken sandwich was pretty impressive (maybe cos I was hungry?) - plus, it's a nice rest-my-legs place. I can't walk very far after exploring wheelock wisma taka all at one go (plus parking far far away) - my eating stamina way exceeds my shopping stamina.


Coffee Club Ngee Ann city
391 Orchard Road
#03-16A/17 Ngee Ann city (Takashimaya)
Singapore 238872
Phone: 6735 7368

The kino coffee club gives you 10% if you flash your kino card but they don't have the full menu there. Not sure if they still have it now though...

No comments: