Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Rich and Good Cake

The first time I ate this cake was in JC, when my form/maths teacher bought it for the whole class. My maths teacher is super nice, and extremely patient - he's an F-maths teacher and yet he has to teach my normal-maths class, including me and 2 other CMI students (and give maths remedial). I'll be super irritated if I'm so high-powered and yet have to teach these super lousy students and watch them struggle through very basic math problems!
The cake is deliciously soft and has a melt in the mouth texture, but is not buttery. The pandan filling texture is a cross between the Bengaway Solo Pandan Cake and mousse.
I really like swiss rolls, but I don't like the cream filling (don't like cream in general), but this one's filled with a very fragrant kaya filling. Super yummy. Each roll is very long, but doesn't last long in my fridge. It was completely gone by the 3rd day. Sigh too bad it's located in some funny location (my knowledge of the roads in tt part of town is extremely crappy, and with the thousands of ERPs popping up and insanely ex parking, I am sad to say that I have never ventured to the shop - I only get to eat this when people give it to me! YUM!
There's also a durian mousse and chocolate flavour, from what I have gathered from other blogs and hungrygowhere (one of the bestest food websites online :D hopefully it stays that way). Although I like the taste of durian (but not in it's purest form), I don't like eating durian anything (unless I'm at home and not going out anytime soon) cos after eating it I get durian breath and can't taste anything else.
Rich and Good Cake Shop
裕佳西饼店
24 Kandahar Street
Tel: 6294 3324

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yup...the kaya one is good. The kaya has a fragrant egg smell. The swiss roll so soft. Eat it chilled and it's woolala...:D

Alicia said...

Oooh, I love the kaya roll. But it's rather big so cannot finish eating it. There are so many flavours that I have not tried yet. Only tried, kaya, durian and blueberry.