Sunday, May 27, 2007

Strawberry Torte


My sister has just made a Strawberry Torte, which she says is highly aesthetically pleasing, so I must put it up on my blog to evoke my reader's cephalic phase.



I haven't tried it yet cos I'm so stuffed from dinner (made a wrong choice and ended eating 2 very creamy dishes) but it has cream and cream cheese inside, as well as strawberry puree and dunno what else. The fence outside the torte (whatever torte means...) is lady's fingers, which is a type of sponge cake (also used in tiramisu if you're feeling lazy).

It's happily sitting in the fridge now. I'll eat it tmr :D


*Edit

I've just eaten the torte. The white stuff reminds me of the white layer in tiramisu - cos there's cream cheese and cream :D acc to my sis, the recipe called for frozen strawberries, but she used fresh ones for the pink syrup swirls, so the colour isn't as intense.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:(( They weren't supposed to be strawberry 'swirls'. It was supposed to be a thin, glossy, vermilion layer of strawberry syrup! But I was too tired to squish out more juice. Bah. Piggy's MEAAAAN.