Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Tan's Tu Tu Coconut Cake

I like kueh tu tu but it's really hard to find now a days. Probably cos it's really labour intensive. There's one at vivocity food republic, but it's really ex - $2 for 4.
Kueh tu tu must be eaten fresh and hot, so no tapau-ing home - it'll become soggy and hard and yucky.
I've been getting my Kueh Tu Tu fix from Clementi, at the coffeeshop facing Book Store, near the main carpark. It's $2 for 5, and it comes in either coconut or peanut. I always eat coconut (don't really like peanut) and it's filled with gula melaka. If I recall correctly, there's also one in Queensway shopping center which has the coconut with orange sugar. It looks really nice, but I think the hygeine standard is rather dubions but I'm sure they've improved now. I haven't been to Queensway for a really long time.I'm not too sure about their opening hours but I don't think they're opened for lunch cos I went there once and it was closed. I usually go during dinner time.

No comments: