Thursday, July 12, 2007

Blooies

There's lots of undiscovered nice places (at least to me) near school - and blooies is one of them, though it's too ex for normal day meals, it's quite a nice place (and they serve iced water for free).I ordered the Cajun Chicken Burger ($13.80), and they use chicken thigh so it's really soft and juicy. The bread has the nice fragrant bakery smell (though I don't think it's bakery fresh, it is toasted nicely). The chicken was chargrilled and it had the smokey grilled taste, and the cheese was melted completely (unlike some restaurants where the middle of the cheese isn't melted). It comes with coleslaw and a choice of either frenchfries, wedges or potato salad. The potato salad was a bit watery (I like the Billy Bombers kind) but it was acceptable and I loaded on all the carbo. The coleslaw was good - creamy, slightly sweet and crunchy. The portion of coleslaw was much smaller than the side dish of carbs - I would prefer it the other way round.
This is the BLT (Bacon Lettuce Tomato) sandwich, and it's about $10 (or there abouts I cant remember). The portions at blooies are really substantial - don't have to worry about getting small portions here - and I think it kind of justifies the price? They're really generous with the fries, and it's seasoned with this spicy extray salty powder.
The bread is really thick too - and the bacon is really streaky, good if you need that extra cholesterol.This is how the wraps looks like - it's some mexian wrap with beef and refried beans,
They have this interesting dish - BBQ Beer Butt Chicken (advanced order required) which looks really unique - but it's really very pricey.
21 Science Park Road
#01-01The Aquarius (Science Park II)
Singapore117628
Tel: 6775 0446 Fax: 6775 0937
There's some shortcut from PGP but I dunno how to go there. There is a really nice al fresco dining area next to a pond. I'm sure it'll be really nice at night.

49 Jalan Tua Kong (Upper East Coast)
Siglap
Singapore 457 249
Tel: 6442 0030 Fax: 6442 0040
I went past this recently - must walk in from the main road one.

426/428 Upper Bukit Timah Road
Singapore 678053
Tel : 67661588

No comments: