Thursday, July 12, 2007

Stem Ginger Biscuits

I like ginger - but not in it's pure form. I like ginger tea, ginger soup with my tangyuan, teh halia, ginger ale and gingerbread man cookies. But I don't like the pink ginger served with sushi and the shredded ginger in porridge.

Maybe it's cos I don't take chilli so the ginger is the closest I get to the tingly spicy warm feeling, but it's a much milder version.


Walkers (the Scottish butter cookies brand) has new flavours like strawberry and cream, chocolate chip, and Stem ginger biscuits. Stem ginger is young ginger that has been peeled and preserved in syrup.

The biscuit is not a butter cookie, so it's much lighter, but it has a crumbly texture, and there's quite a bit of stem ginger in it. Every mouthful gets a bit of ginger - and it's quite sticky so it'll stick to your teeth.I like candied ginger - i think it'll be wonderful to have a ginger ice cream with candied ginger bits for topping :D

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi there ,

I was searching where I can get walkers biscuits ad I stumbled upon your blog . May I ask where did u get those biscuits ??

Thanks alot !

Ting

limtingting84@gmail.com

m said...

hello ting, I got them from NTUC Fairprice Finest at Bukit Timah Plaza. I'm not sure if they still carry the stem ginger ones, but I've seen other types of walkers cookies there.

Hope you'll be able to find them. Perhaps u could try other bigger supermarkets, they might carry a wider range of walkers biscuits.

Unknown said...

OMG...this my fav...I am eating two pcs now with habbag tea :)

Anonymous said...

you can get stem ginger ice cream! Waitrose, from cold storage. haven't tried - if you do pls review. :)
i do like the other waitrose ice creams though

Anonymous said...

You can get stem ginger ice cream from cold storage! (Waitrose)
do review if you've tried

Anonymous said...

You can get stem ginger ice cream from cold storage! (Waitrose)
do review if you've tried