Sunday, July 29, 2007

Space @ My Humble House

Tried Space @ My Humble House, which is the cheaper version of My Humble House. They're located side by side, but while My Humble House is a restaurant, Space a cheaper version (think Coffee Club and tcc but with chinese food). The menu is pretty small - and it's normal hawker food with a twist.


I tried the B. K. Tea (Bak Kut Teh), which is made from NZ lamb chops. Actually, I don't like Bak Kut Teh cos it's from pork and I dont like pork soup, but since this was made from lamb, I just had to give it a try.


It's $14 (before taxes) and it comes with vegatable and a bowl of rice garnished with fried garlic and spring onion.


There's alot of soup ( I think it's about 3 to 4 bowls), and the presentation is very unique cos the soup is in a teapot and you can just pour it out.
The soup is tasty, not too salty or herbal, and it hardly has a lamb smell and comes with bean curd skin, 2 lamb chops and one mushroom.

"Warm The Heart" is claypot jasmine rice, with crab and shrimp, in consomme (description in the menu). The soup is very thick and robust, not salty and there's lots of crabmeat and prawn. It's actually like porridge, and it's $12.

This dish is called 'Light as Air' (dunno why) and it's like Yu Pian Mian Fen, with the thick bee hoon. I didn't get to try this but I took a picture. It's $12 and there's lots of fish.We also tried the half chicken for $14. They also serve chicken rice, and it's $9.90 for one person, and $28 for the whole chicken. The chicken was very tender, not the best that i've tasted but better than average.The menu is very small and I suppose it keeps the cost lower, but the service is excellent. The people seated next to us wanted a bigger selection (appetisers in particular), so the manager brought the menu from My Humble House for them.

It's a good chance from Ichiban Boshi (where I usually eat when I go to esplanade) and isn't so far like Thai Express or the other Colours by the Bay Restaurants. I'm not sure how often they change their menu but if they have another one the next time I drop by, I'll probably go and try it.

No comments: