Saturday, July 26, 2008

BBQ Chicken (Cineleisure)

The whole 100% Olive Oil deep fried chicken thing sounds really gimmicky to me. Olive oil has a really low smoke point, I've tried using it to stir fry my pasta sauce, and it started smoking alot! But than again, maybe it's another kind? Ok I don't particularly like cooking so I shant comment anymore.
The chicken has exceeded my (low) expectations, and I would even say that it's pretty good! It's the kind that's just cooked, extremely tender, juicy and bursting with oil. Best of all, there's ginseng flavoured powder sprinkled over the chicken to give it a unique Korean taste.

We tried the Ginseng Flavoured chicken The set lunch is $15 after extra charges, for 2 pieces of good sized chicken, fries and coleslaw, and it came with corn soup, a free drink and a scoop of ice cream.

It's pretty cheap if you think in terms of it being a restaurant which serves you at your table, but it's ex if you're comparing to KFC and Popeyes and other fast food chains. In terms of taste, the ginseng powder could be more generous - the ginseng powder is pretty sparse, and while eating the chicken, I'll sometimes hit a spot with lots of powder, and at others, there's no ginseng taste at all.

The coleslaw beats KFC's hands down cos it's so much fresher, doesn't have that weird stale cabbage smell and has huger cabbage pieces instead of cabbage bits.

The fries are nothing to rave about.
I'm very sure that if BBQ Chicken was out when I was in secondary school, I'll have a huge atherosclerotic plaque stuck in my arteries...

Early in the morning (at about 11am, which is pretty early for anything inside Cineleisure), while the screens outside the Cathay Ticketbooths are showin *gasp* Hi Five (seriously, they were showing Hi-5!!! And not the usual movie trailers!) BBQ cuicken is playing disturbing videos of Korean boybands on their projector... Lucky they're not blasting the music so the place is rather peaceful.


BBQ Chicken
8 Grange Road
#B1-04/05
Cathay Cineleisure Orchard

No comments: