Sunday, July 27, 2008

Mango Nectarines

"Sweet, sweet, sweet, the Mango Nectarine is a unique treat. Bright canary yellow in colour and sweet to the taste. With just a hint of tropical mango flavour. "

When I saw this at Cold Storage last week, I knew I definitely had to try cos I love mangoes and nectarines. I was there debating if I should spend my $10+ (yes it's frigging 10 plus for 4 only!) on them but I decided to treat myself since it's before my exam!Unfortunately, I've just read up online, and the Mango Nectarine has no relation to mango! I was thinking along the lines of a plumcot (plum crossed with apricots) when I bought this - actually, thinking about it, I suppose it'll be insanely hard to cross a mango with a nectarine... Of course, the taste was fantastic! Insanely juicy (think juices running all over your hand) and slightly fibrous and extremely tasty - there's a slight tart taste when you first eat it and then later the sweet juices will flow out. It tastes more like a nectarine - actually, I can hardly taste any mango but it's a really fanatstic nectarine.

Apparently the season for Mango Nectarines is extremely short, and the season is predicted to end on early August. So hurry down to get your Mango Nectarines today!

Haiz! I don't know why all the doughnut peaches are so expensive! It's like$2.50 per piece from Cold Storage. They're my favouritest fruit ever! Alongside Japanese Grapes and Japanese Strawberries, I also like nectarines and peaches. Ahh I really should go for a holiday to some temperate country during summer and gourge myself on peaches nectarines plums cherries strawberries mangoes apricots etc etc etc...

4 comments:

red fir said...

Oh great! I was contemplating if I should try these. Coz I love nectarines and peaches but not mangoes. :/

m said...

I'll say try! Though they're really very ex, you'll prob not be able to get them anytime else since their season is so short! Hope that you'll like it :)

Anonymous said...

Cold Storage was selling a mango (yes, this time its real mangoes) they named "ice-cream mango". I couldn't find any reference to the actual mango cultivar or any mango with this name, but its very very creamy, even when not fully ripe. Any idea what mango this is?

m said...

Hello anon, I've done the 'leg' work alr according to this site (http://www.tropicalfruitnursery.com/mango-viewer/pages/'Ice%20Cream'%20mango.htm) it's probably a strain of mango. I must go and try it! sounds delicious :D