Monday, August 4, 2008

Allan Bakes

After the monster sashimi lunch, we decided to troop across to Allan Bakes to top off the delicious sashimi with the goodness of cheesecake. Allan Bakes has appeared in the newspaper's 50 top cakes and some other articles (which are displayed outside the shop), but this is the first time I'm trying it. The cheesecakes are supposed to be very good, so we decided to get the Strawberry Cheesecake ($4.50) and the White Chocolate and Strawberry Cheesecake ($5.50). Even though the newspaper articles recommended the strawberry cheesecake, I thought that the White Chocolate Strawberry Cheesecake won hands down. The texture was wonderfully creamy, melt in the mouth. It's really delicious, down to the soggy little bits of fresh strawberrry embedded in it. Best of all, I thought that it wasn't overly sweet - which means that I will probably be able to eat more pieces in each sitting!

The strawberry cheesecake was well worth it's $4.50 (or was it $4.90?). It's slightly less dense than the Coffee Bean kind, but owing to my excitement about the white chocolate strawberry cheesecake, I really can't remember much about it. The peanut butter cheesecake looked extremely tempting, but sadly, it wasn't for sale in slices that day. Of course, the next time I come back, I'll be sure to get this. Looks so delicious and peanutbutter plus cheesecake sounds like a delicious combi.





I find it rather amusing that Allan has a sign with himself hanging inside his stall. He bakes all the cakes himself everyday.

I highly recommend that everyone try the white chocolate strawberry cheesecake! It's very wonderful but then again, once I say this, everyone will have exceedingly high expectations and then they will come back and tell me that the cheesecake isn't as nice as I described :/ Oh well...



Allan Bakes
3 South Buona Vista Rd
#02-13
The Village Centre
Singapore 118136

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ah, this one is the one that julie mentioned that time? looks good, must try! haha

m said...

ya it's good! white choc strawberry :) super nice!