Saturday, June 23, 2007

SSC 3rd Friday of the Month Buffet - Nothing is What It Seems

Went for a buffet for dinner (courtesy of Meichin :D). The food was very interesting.
There was tandoori chickenAyam penyat with Nasi Kuning (yellow rice)Mutton Green CurryThis is what I had for dinner - super filling (this is my first portion, I had a second round after that) The assam fish curry was exceptionally interesting - not too spicy and very tangy, and lots of eggplants too.
The fish was tasty - not too hard nor soft, but done just right.
Guess what?

Everything here is vegeterian! The fish is so intriguing! It even has a 'skin' which is made of seaweed, and the fibres are so realistic - I bet I can fool even Fish into eating this and thinking that it's a real fish! And there's this taste (which comes from the seaweed) that reminds me of fish.

The tandoori chicken is also very cool! When I first opened the lid of the pot, I seriously thought that it was real meat - they have even imitation chicken skin, with the pattern of chicken skin, so it really looks like chicken.

You also get to grill your own tau hu stuffed with vegetables and your own you tiao on the grill so you'll be able to do it just the way you like it.There's a dessert counter where you can make your own ice kachang -with or without as much redbeans, cream corn, honey sea coconut, longans, jelly, chendol, attapchee, fruit cocktail as you want, and pour on lots of syrup and evaporated milk.

Meichin says that the red beans are the best cos they're chunky and flavourful.Even better than the DIY dessert counter - my yummy cakes

Eggless Chocolate Truffle and Eggless Tiramisu - though I can't tell that there weren't egg (my taste buds aren't so sharp) but they were really good cos they're not too sweet and I especially liked the Chocolate Truffle and the Chocolate Coffeebeans.

This is great especially if you're trying to save your cholesterol quota for savoury things like chilli crab and prawns.My next aim is to try Original Sin at Chip Bee Gardens, Holland V.

Can't wait to go there yay!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

where is this place?!