Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Mango Pomelo Sago

my blog is seriously lacking in updates... so I shall have a mass updating session today. I actually uploaded all my mangopomelosago photos but then didn't have inspiration to type.

Anyway, I shall be talking about mango pomelo sago today. It's my recent favourite dessert cos its brilliant for hot weather (which we seem to be getting alot of lately, and to hide from the heat, we either hide in the student lounge or go to air-coned wards). My brother is crazy over mango pomelo sago and I think it's rubbing off on me.

Good mango pomelo sago has, most importantly, good mango. Nice, ripe and fragrant and in huge cubes so you get the fruity texture (and not all pureed). Ripe pomelo, which lends a bit of tartness to the sweet mango. I don't like the super sour ones - some are bitter - yucks. This stall actually gives alot of pomelo, just that I couldn't scoop it all up without so much mango.

And obviously, sago. The sago balls are done perfectly, no clumps, and all of them are translucent, soft and chewy but not soggy.The white stuff is coconut cream and milk (i think), and the lower layer is mango puree. And it's fun to stir up all the ingredients


Looks like egg yolk in porridge

Actually, I have no idea which store this comes from, i think Liang Seah Street or Chinatown there... i'll have to check it up first...

1 comment:

deslucent said...

Ah Chew Desserts
Liang Seah Street